Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Success

Success - who doesn't want to enjoy it or to be one? I sure do! But if you're anything like me, it can be a little confusing as to exactly what "Success" looks like. To some it's measured by money, to others by academic degrees. Still others insist that it's best evaluated by the size of my house, make of my car or whether or not I possess a "trophy wife" (which I do...for almost 25 years now!).

Because of the diversity of measurement in this area, coupled with the fact that the "standard" is a moving target, I have found great security and comfort in discovering what God's Word has to say about the topic (and it's said the same thing for several thousand years now).

You probably know by now that I like acronymns because they help me to remember things, and a thing remembered is a step closer to being a thing learned. This is what I take away from God's Word when I look at what He thinks about it.

Single Focus - Philippians 3:13
Understanding of the Word - 2 Timothy 2:15
Contentment - Philippians 4:11-12
Character - Psalm 15
Empathy for Others - Ephesians 4:32
Submission to God - James 4:7
Self Control - 1 Peter 5:8


A lot easier to spell out than to live, to be sure, and more than enough to keep me occupied for my remaining years as I seek to put into action what I know! I don't know if you looked up the verses above or not, but I challenge you to do so...make yourself familiar with them. Then why not join me in the pursuit of true success? You will never regret it, and are assured of a "Well Done" when we see Jesus face to face!