Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Frustration...And Joy

I'm a little embarrassed to admit to you that I spent more than two hours tonight online with just one person! Now, had that one person been somebody really important, like a longtime friend, attender at my church wrestling with a serious issue, or dear family member, it would have been okay. But alas, it was none of those worthy causes. Instead, it was via "Live Chat" with a sales person!

What's really frustrating is that if all had gone like it should, the entire ordeal should have taken about 15 minutes - not two hours! First I was misdirected, second my "Shopping Cart" wouldn't work, third I was given bogus information and fourth the whole thing "timed out." It would have been quicker AND simpler to have just driven to Cedar Rapids and back!

Oh, we finally "succeeded" (depending upon how you define "success," I suppose), but I found myself growing more grateful by the minute that my relationship with the Lord isn't plagued by these problems. I've yet to be misdirected, receive bad information or "time out" with Him. In fact, just the opposite has been true: He deals directly with whatever troubles me, His information has been and always will be true, and He's got all the time I'll ever want or need (matter of fact, He'd love to have more time with me!).

I don't think it's coincidental that my online ordeal led right up to my weekly prayer time with some friends here at the church office. What a remarkable study in contrasts! We shared our hearts, went right to Him, laid it all on the line, felt His direction and finished with Joy - refreshed by our encounter - not frustrated.

The lesson? Hopefully it's crystal clear. The next time anything has you frustrated, stop...go to the Lord...lay it all before Him...and rejoice that He is not only available, but ready and willing to help you with whatever is going on. The results of your interaction with Him probably won't come in the mail in "6-10 business days," but it will bring more satisfaction, peace and genuine joy than anything else this world has to offer!